Takoyaki is a roadside snack originating in the Kansai region of Japan. This delicious snack is made from flour-like wheat flour like ping pong balls filled with octopus pieces. Sometimes, this snack is also popularly known as 'octopus'. Curious about rasaya? Let's make it creative.
Takoyaki is made by using a special mold in the shape of a half-ball basin. One pan usually consists of 16-hole rows, and sometimes also more depending on the type of mold / baking sheet used.
Baking sheet takoyaki: wikipedia.org
Simple takoyaki recipe typical of Japan is quite simple. How to make a simple takoyaki that is dough cooked using mold, when it is half cooked the dough should be reversed using a stick or chopsticks for takoyaki to form a sphere like a ball.
In Indonesia alone takoyaki not so popular, takoyaki usually found in many culinary attractions such as in the exhibition, food court and some places that offer Japanese food menu.
Currently takoyaki began to spread to the corners since takoyaki franchise business was introduced. I myself have met some takoyaki sellers who sell on the street in some areas in Jakarta.
Simple Japanese Takoyaki Recipe
If in Japan the original stuffing takoyaki using pieces of octopus, another in Indonesia is full of creations. Takoyaki ala Indonesia is usually more varied, stuffing that can use squid, shrimp, chicken meat, meatballs, sausage, vegetables until oncom stir.
Here we will use squid as stuffing. To be more flavorful, we will add cabbage and spring onion so it feels more solid. If you do not like squid, you can replace it with chicken meat. And here are the ingredients to make takoyaki along with the recipe and how to make it. Another thing we need is a takoyaki print, otherwise we can use a baking sheet to fry the egg.
Read Also: 10 Unwanted Foods in the Refrigerator
Simple Takoyaki Recipe Material
1. 150 gr wheat flour (1 cup)
2. 2 btr chicken eggs, take just one white
3. 200 ml of liquid chicken stock
4. 1/2 tsp baking powder
5. 1 tsp salt
6. additional water to taste
1. 100 gr boiled squid, cut into small squares
2. 1/8 part of 1 cabbage, finely sliced
3. 1 btg leeks, thinly sliced
4. 1 tsp salt
1. takoyaki sauce
2. mayonnaise sauce
3. sliced leek
ow To Make A Simple Japanese Takoyaki
1. Whisk the eggs, pour the chicken stock slightly and shake again until it blends.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt, stirring even mixed evenly. Pour a mixture of eggs and
chicken broth, mix well. Measure the dough viscosity, if less dilute add more cold water to taste.
3. Prepare the stuffing, mix all ingredients and stir until evenly distributed.
4. Heat the mold, apply oil to about one-third of the depth of each mold hole.
5. Pour the mixture halfway up the height of the mold hole, insert the stuffing and pour again the dough until full.
6. Cook the takoyaki until the bottom is cooked and the top is expanding, then rewind to ripen the top.
7. Once cooked, remove and serve along with the ingredients.
Takoyaki is deliciously eaten in a warm atmosphere, along with a catcher that can be customized to taste. If we make it ourselves, we can add additional ingredients that are not mentioned in recipes like shredded cheese and various sauce if liked. Guaranteed, it feels more top and intriguing.
A simple takoyaki recipe typical of Japan is quite simple is not it? There is no need for special skills and essential cooking skills to have creativity. Recipes and how to make a simple takoyaki above is an adaptation of the original recipe, because usually octopus is rather difficult to get in traditional markets. Hopefully useful yes!